by Jim Mullen, Contributing Writer
America beat back the Marxist wolves from the door in stunning fashion in the mid-term elections. Republicans took the Senate, increased their lead in the House, and won statewide and local races throughout the land.
Will Republicans use their newfound power or weaken and get warm and fuzzy with leftwing, Obama Democrats, and squander their riches? Alternatively, will they delineate their differences from Democrats and use their mandate to do what Red-State Americans hired them to do: wrest the country from the crushing jaws of Obama Marxism and his New Democrat Party? Being Republican is not enough, conservatives will be reelected; liberals will not!
If history tells us anything, it’s that Republicans have displayed little stomach to fight as tenaciously as Democrats. The American people did not reject Democrats because they love Republicans. Americans rejected Democrats because they moved so far to the left, they became indistinguishable from arrogant despots when they joined the most radical movement in our history; Barack Obama’s promise of fundamentally changing America.
Indeed, Obama with the full blessing of his New Democratic Party ripped America from her moorings. America lost her identity, her pride, her culture, her values, and her guiding constitutional principles. Not surprisingly, she weakened and lost world respect when her word and promises grew hollow and meaningless.
This new leadership must “fight to win,” and not “go along to get along” thinking only of the next election. It requires boldness, not defensive posturing and maneuvering. Ignore the voices of mainstream media, liberal pundits and talking heads. Follow the words of our Founding Fathers. Listen to their warnings about all-powerful centralized government, and then drive this evil from its entrenchment in our government, its institutions and academia.
Vow to precede every vote with this most pertinent question, “What would our Founders do?”
Barack Obama is unconvinced of American exceptionalism. His beliefs of redistributing income, wealth, and property are ideas straight from the malevolent ideals of Karl Marx – ideas proven repeatedly to reduce everyone but the elite to the lowest common denominator, to share equally in government-led misery.
Under the siege of Obama and his comrades, many middle-class Americans joined the ranks of the dependent class. Business creates good jobs; big government historically creates ignorance, poverty, and dependency. Small government allows industry and private enterprise to breathe, grow, and provide for expansion of the nation’s workforce.
It is not too late to re-establish liberty and wrest America from the scorching tyranny of Barack Obama.
The following are priorities this writer puts forth to the new Congress, if Republicans want to keep their jobs and save the country:
- Don’t try to out Democrat the Democrats. They’ve had sixty years of practice at placing people on welfare, destroying families, and enslaving millions of people to government.
- Public relations are an integral part of keeping your message clear, unambiguous, delivered with force, and repeated often. Remember, liberals are experts at controlling the media. Appoint a committee (and/or hire) public relations’ experts to promote your conservatism and immediately control false information disseminated by liberals or MS media.
- Ignore all forces of division from the hate-filled left. It’s time for sagacious leadership and fighting with determined resolve on the federal, state and local fronts. When attacked by the left, or Main Stream Media, immediately have a posse of Representatives, or Senators, step to the microphone for a press conference and issue a press release stating the facts. Your response must be immediate, forceful, truthful, and convincing. Repeat your case until the next issue arises. Convince the voters the value of your plan and the barking dogs will head for the porch, tails between their legs.
- Remember why voters rejected Democrats? Don’t do that!
- You were not elected to work with Democrats. It is up to Democrats to work with you. Democrats’ idea of cooperation is doing it their way. Negotiate only from strength.
- Keep in mind; we have the Democrat’s playbook. Don’t let their race hustling, war on women, war on gays, etc., etc., rhetoric or any other group on group war they conjure up, keep you from your service to your constituents and your country.
- Thank Harry Reid for the new Senate rules; keep them and follow them.
- Slash regulations to release the Bull of industry.
- Get feds out of education. Education is not a constitutional responsibility of the federal government. It is, in fact, an illegal intrusion on states’ rights. The more the federal government spends on education, the lower the test scores. Education began crashing when Congress blessed us with the Department of Education. Teacher unions and public unions are too powerful and helped create the crises in education and other bureaucracies.
- Use appropriations to curtail the power of the congressionally manufactured bureaucracies.
- Use the power of the purse to pull the teeth of the EPA and dozens of other federal bureaucracies. Pass new legislation redefining the intent and the responsibilities of these runaway thugs. Our country can never be free with bureaucrats making their own laws.
- Forget ALL special-interest groups and do the job for which fed-up voters hired you.
- Reinstate the work requirement in the welfare reform laws passed during Clinton Administration that Obama repealed using unlawful executive orders. Get people off welfare and back to work. Dependency is the number-one cause of culture decay, ignorance, and lack of personal and national pride.
- Don’t even think about citizenship for illegal aliens. Shut our borders tight and put a temporary moratorium on all immigration. Pass an immigration bill only afterwards.
- Make passing an energy bill one of the top priorities. Begin with the Keystone Pipeline and then move to open public land for drilling, including ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Rescue). Nuclear must rank high as a major part of this plan, our future depends upon nuclear, and researching other forms of energy. Do this with tax incentives, not by throwing $billions away on proven failed liberal schemes.
- Reducing tax rates for corporations, private entrepreneurs, and personal income, should hold a position of prominence.
- Dodd-Frank must go! It’s just another anchor around the necks of business. Regulations and taxes kill jobs!
- Healthcare laws must be prominent, and Obamacare repealed by any means necessary.
- Don’t make deals that allow Obama to appoint leftwing judges, and department heads.
- Rebuild our military. We are in a perilous position of weakness. Obama set fires around the world and slashed our military to dangerous levels. A strong nation militarily and fiscally, is a safe nation.
- Get us back to responsible spending, reduce the deficit, and work on reducing the debt.
- Work within the framework the Founders gave this great land: The Constitution! Do these things and we shall return to strength in the world, independence in our nation, and once again stand tall and proud. America is in decline because we are less free!
If local and state leaders take these same ideals, ideas, and policies of freedom, they will long serve their constituents, and rescue the nation, their state, and local communities from the ravages of past political incompetence. Show the voters what this new group of leaders can accomplish. If you do not learn from the Democrats, and do not accept what our Founders knew, then you are doomed to repeat the very sad history of the past several decades.